About the program
About the program
The Master of Science in International Information Systems is a four-semester program for young talents who aim for challenging management positions in globally operating high-tech firms. Excellent learning and working conditions prepare students for an international career in business with a strong focus on managing International Information Systems. The program is appropriate for students who are interested in Information technology and its role in today’s business environment, irrespective of the academic field chosen during their undergraduate studies.
Each year around 80 students enroll in the master’s program, of whom about 50% are international. So far, these international students came from 33 different countries all over the world. Graduates of the master’s degree started their careers in international enterprises like Accenture, Siemens or Adidas, in research or became self-employed by founding a start-up.
The salient features of the International Information Systems master’s program are:
- Open for students with a bachelor degree in business administration, management, economics, computer science, information systems or an IT-related Engineering course (pure Engineering degrees are not acceptable)
- Joint offering of the School of Business and Economics (in Nuremberg) and the Department of Computer Science (in Erlangen) – classes will take place at both locations (please refer to the Faculties page for more information.)
- Teaching Language is both German and English (Important: If you have a background in business administration, management or economics, you will have two mandatory Informatics classes in German as part of your Introduction (please refer to Program Structure for more information.)
- Clear focus on international aspects of Information Systems
- 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
- Program begins each winter semester (it is not possible to register in the summer semester)
- The modular structure permits up to two semesters abroad (one semester abroad is mandatory; this applies to all students!)
For more information on the application process and required documents, please check out how to apply.