Information Systems at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
|Prof. Dr. Kathrin Möslein
Innovation – Value Creation
|Prof. Dr. Freimut Bodendorf
Services – Processes – Intelligence
|Prof. Dr. Michael Amberg
|Prof. Dr. Martin Matzner
Digital Industrial Service Systems
|Prof. Dr. Sven Laumer||Prof. Dr. Andreas Harth|
|Prof. Dr. Steffi Haag
Assistant Professorship of Information Systems
|Prof. Dr. Verena Tiefenbeck|
The Institute of Information Systems as part of the FAU Business School covers the following research fields:
- information systems as an enabler for innovation and value creation, cooperation, and leadership
- enabling strategies, solutions, technologies, advanced analytics, and IT systems for service industries such as commerce, retail, logistics, healthcare, tourism, education, and industrial services
- business information technology and IT management
- methods and tools for the development and operation of information technology-based service systems
- digitization of the individual, future of work, digital business models and e-services
- semantic web, linked data and decentralised information systems
Each Research field is represented by an own chair. Combined, more than 40 junior and senior researchers are part of the Institute of Information Systems.
The institute is particularly active in cooperating with international academic partners, like the Advanced Institute of Management Research (AIM), London Business School (LBS), Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hochschule St. Gallen (HSG), Imperial College London, Queensland University of Technology, Deakin University, and UC Berkeley.
Furthermore, there are many cooperations between the Institute of Information Systems and partners from a wide range of industries, including Accenture, adidas, REHAU, Fraunhofer, BMW, Datev, Deutsche Telekom, EOS, Hexaware, IBM, Puma, SAP, Siemens, Spreadshirt, and many more.